Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What is wrong with the world of chain stores?

K-mart must die. I'm pretty sure they spell their name as I have and it's wrong. This is not the only thing that's wrong with them but it's a mighty auspicious start wouldn't you say? I purchased a night light/mobile/music thingy for the babys' room the other day and went to assemble it to find the instructions missing, half the screws bent and scratches all over it. For just a shade over $70 plus 200 million dollars in batteries I'm rightly pissed off about this. I'll be returning said shitty item today and will see how I go with my plan. I will be (politely) requesting a full refund on all items, including the batteries which have been opened as well as a hefty discount on other items I may decide to buy at the time.

You see, having lost a load of weight is all well and good but I now have nothing to wear, breastfeeding means I cannot get away with cute dresses, there is not a single skirt and top combination I can see myself wearing and in fact, I figure, I just need some decent tops, the current fashion is basically maternity wear so I'm stuffed. There isn't anything out there for a middle aged woman to show off a hot new bod.

My other problem is I hate K-mart clothing but as I walk everywhere and my small suburb doesn't have a whole heap of competition, the other stores charge a fortune. Op shopping is a safe bet in most places, but I live in white trash city and if I wanted a t-shirt that screamed BITCH or similar, I'd buy it new.

Anyone know of another way???????? HELP!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Hun, you're NOT middle aged.

You're nowhere NEAR middle aged.

In fact, while we're on the topic, no-one is old until they are as old as my parents, and considering they're still with us on this lovely (except possibly out in white trash city) planet of ours, you never will be!

Ha ha! Take that!

And I'd go with online shopping - you have heard of eBay right?

Also, I went to Big W (in Shepparton, it was the only clothing shop around ok?!) the other day and was actually surprised by the amount of clothing I would actually consider wearing - I even bought some stuff!

And OH MY GOODNESS! I don't think I've ever seen you in a skirt! Do you even have legs?!

Oh, and amen to the 'maternity-wear is in fashion' thing - I just don't get it. Why would anynoe want to look pregnant if they were not, in fact, pregnant?

Sooo.... quite the disjointed post, but moral of the story - I love you and you are awesome :)

WitchOne said...

No, it's a vicious rumour, I actually have a really long torso that's split in the middle.