Monday, November 24, 2008

What is wrong with Telecommunications.

I remember a day years ago when I wanted to ring Telecom, I was about 8 or 9 at the time, home alone and I went looking through the phone book for their number. Under T in the yellow pages I found Telecommunications, I figured this was close enough and as I couldn't find "Telecom" I figured maybe they went under this name in the phone book.

500 calls later and I finally got through to Telecom, and promptly forgot why I was calling them.

This sums up my day so far.

I am employed by them now you see and while on stress leave and now maternity leave, one of which was caused my boss and the other by my beloved, you pick which because, either way, I was fcuked at one point wasn't I?

Anyway, back to my point, while on stress leave I put in my claim etc. Which was duly rejected and so I am now going down the legal avenue for that one. I can prove lies were told by my employer and so it should be a relatively easy claim to fight but probably not so my brain is exploding now.

While on mat leave they decided to make me redundant, fine, but it's not legal according to the Union. According to them it is legal and they are reinforcing this, in writing. That's pretty brave of them if it isn't legal and while they have now acknowledged I may well have the right to request redeployment, they are now reserving the right to redeploy me to a position which will last for about my first day before they make me redundant again.

I can delay the inevitable but it won't gain me anything, I can take the money now and run or I can try and get them to up their offer by promising to be a legal, public and everything else pain in the arse.

Now, I open it up to the 3 people including contributors who read this blog, what would you do?

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Wait, I need chocolate for this... *ahhh*

Hun, I don't know how you manage it, but you always get landed with the tricky ones.

If you took this further than you current 'money+run=good' offer that you've got, what exactly would you get from it?

I know there would be plenty of stress. What with 2 small children, 2 small felines and one small canine, not to mention Mr Witchie, I'm sure you'd be able to fit that in fine [NB: that was my sarcastic tone, it just doesn't come across very well when I type it out].

Would the amount of money be worth the effort involved?

And after all of this, do you actually want to continue working there? Redeployed or otherwise?

You are very good at what you do and I don't think it would be terribly difficult for you to find yourself another job in a similar field, if that's what you want.

So basically: is the effort going to be worth the payoff?

I know I'd probably take the money & run, but I'm a whimp. I know you've got the guts (and above all, the evidnece) to take em, if so, I'm with you all the way :)

Natasha said...

PS: you definitely win ;P