Thursday, August 14, 2008

Village bloody Cinemas!

Oh yeah, bastards!

Was given a $50 gift card in Feb last year, which is supposed to have a 12 month life span but who knew?? By the time I checked it was, what, 16 months later? MEH!

Called Village and they told me it was out of date (I finally got some baby sitting so this Sunday I am going to the movies, come hell or high water!). I asked how to get an extension and it eventuates that you need to apply in writing with a "good reason". Okayyyy, seems a little like school to me but there you go.

E-mail duly sent off and the following day I chase it up by phone. Their call centre is shit I tell you now! 1st guy, "so, what's your problem?" I explain it all a second time, he hangs up. Right. 2nd guy, he actually made an effort, but the person who was telling him what to say wouldn't speak with me, in essence, it takes 48 hours for them to see the e-mail and 5 days to respond. This is shit when you have kids and a baby sitter and only a small window of opportunity!

You know what? I called up a completely unrelated area and told the lovely man on the phone all my issues and he promised to sort them. Which he couldn't do. Apparently the "customer service" area is a law unto themselves and they seem to love the power, they will not fast track, and then when they finally did (for no apparent reason 5 hours later) they love to say no.

I don't give a shit, the lovely man gave me 2 gold class tickets for the session I wanted and threw in a car parking pass as well as long as I don't tell anyone. Which, really, I haven't since no one reads my blog anyway.

In addition to that I also gave the customer service area a serve and blew off some steam.

Moral of the story: Do not let your gift cards go out of date, if you do, don't bother asking them for an extension, Village clearly loves their money for nothing.

UPDATE: Village have now given me another ticket for gold class. I am now booked into to 2 gold class cinemas for the same night, almost the same time, definitely the same movie.

SHIT! Good shit though..

UPDATE: The nice guy called me today and changed my tickets from the 2nd location to the first. Now I have 3 tickets to the same gold class cinema and am paying for a 4th. Phew! That makes it easy. Teaches me a minor lesson in sorting out issues where I see them, maybe I shouldn't go so overboard?

3 comments:

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

I read your blog, Witchie.

Which sort of screws you with Village Cinemas, come to think.

WitchOne said...

Awww, thanks gorgeous! I should really update it more often then shouldn't I?

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

You have a young Witchlet.

I'm surprised you have a chance to get out of your jammies before noon.