Friday, August 15, 2008

R.I.P. Troy Critchley

I know he isn't dead but with this over his head, his career is. I don't know the mans history, I don't know what sort of person he is, I don't care that he's an Australian racing in the US. I do care that he has been forced to take responsibility for deaths that happened as a result of his car crash. The spectators, the organisers, and the parents of the children who died need to take a good hard look at themselves.

My 5th birthday present was meeting the winner of a sprint car race so I know something about being a spectator at a race (we were dedicated and both my parents raced), keep your kids far enough back so that if a crash does happen it would be a fluke for them to be affected. Organisers in Australia back in the day didn't have much of a clue but our tracks back then were safer than the so called track Troy was racing on when the crash occurred.

Yanks. Bastards. Everyone's fault but their own.

No comments: