Sunday, July 27, 2008

Butter chicken

Huh, me at my lazy, cheapskate best!!

1 tsp each ginger (I used it from a jar), turmeric, chili, salt and cinnamon
1 TBS Tomato paste (I buy the one in the squeezy bottle because I use little bits often and find it keeps the best)
1/2 tsp garam marsala
1 clove garlic, finely chopped, or crushed or something.
1 diced onion
2 chicken breast fillets (because the equivalent amount of thighs looked shitty at Coles today, had to go the expensive option sadly.)
3/4 tub of plain Jalna yoghurt (or use thickened cream, or use whatever, just make sure it's white ok??)
big spoonful of butter if you want to, I did, it was gooooood... hehe

Fry off onion and garlic, add roughly cubed chicken and all spices plus tom paste.

Add yoghurt and stir.

I also added a handful green beans and a red capsicum because I have a son who needs veg. Mind you, while I was boiling the basmati rice with some cardamom seeds, at the end I added some sultanas and then dyed his rice portion blue.

He had yellowy orange sauce with red and green bits through it plus blue rice, it was a rainbow for dinner!

So, dinner for under $10, again! And the chicken was half that on its own!

More news from the bosom lady, I can breastfeed while shopping in Target, wandering around the shopping center in general and now I have done the ridiculous, breastfeeding while getting a root canal. Yes, the dentist was amused, and she doesn't even like kids!

2 comments:

jasper said...

Surely your newborn could have waited for her feed or you could have expressed some milk for her. Nobody has to breast feed in a dentists chair. Not in 2008. Not ever. You are fixated with your ability to breastfeed, and I am fixated with your fixation.

WitchOne said...

I am simply fixated with feeding my newborn daughter, as and when she demands it. At 10 weeks old I am now starting to get her into a routine however she still feeds pretty much as and when she wants.

You know, she has an entire life ahead of a time for everything and everything in its' time. At this time in her life, it is all about her, simple.

Mind you, I can't wait for the routine to kick in so I know when to expect her meal times, I HATE her unpredictability!!

As for expressing milk, I found out it keeps for up to 12 months in the deep freeze, I am going back to work when she turns 6 months and by then should have enough in the freezer to last her until she's 12 months old! This is fabulous, no formula, I can work and get my bosom back when she is only 6 months old!!