Friday, March 19, 2010

When WitchOne is too stupid to breathe unassisted (or Aesophia's weekend with Witchy)

I have to admit, that is my line, A would never say I was too stupid to breathe unassisted, and in my defence I was coming down with a spectacular flu but here is my take on our weekend of shenanigans!

The weekend was originally supposed to be us along with my kids, going to the Mordialloc Festival and from there possibly home or to a going away party for a friend of mine, depending on time, kids and so on.

Angel boy decided that morning he was too sick to go swimming and so I decided he was too sick to come out for the day, handy as his father who was going for a boys day out was actually going to spend the day at home after some last minute changes. Pixie girl refused to have a sleep prior to going out in the early afternoon and so she was dumped at home too, there will be no bad behaviour in public and if they can't behave at home, they certainly can't behave out can they?


A finally turns up, she's signed her lease (yay, she's not going to be homeless!) and had lunch (I'm sorry WHAT? We are going to a festival, without kids, even with kids, there is food at festivals and it's always interesting! Why oh why would you eat first????) and we are raring to go. Well, I want to be raring but I manage a half arsed W00T instead. I'm so glad it's been mentioned that I offered my GPS because it makes what follows not my fault, man!

We're going through Boronia to get onto Eastlink, I call Eastlink and have A's car added to my account and we chat as we drive. I try to keep an eye out for a turn off that we should take but then all of a sudden we're in Frankston, so, let's say Boronia to Mordialloc via Frankston. Hmmm. As you do. Frankston is exactly where it should be by the way, the beach is still there and the roads are still paved with bogans.

The festival. Ahhh. We share a scone with jam and cream in order not to fill up too fast, we find a calamari cup, dear god! The Rebello Strawberry stand was lovely as they let us start from one end and drink our way to the other, we then bought one of everything, except the strawberry cream stuff. Ewwww. We held up the wood fired oven baked nachos stand and partook of the free pizza while we waited for our nachos, we tried more wine and while Ms Thug Chardonnay is a great name for wine, it doesn't make cats piss taste like Bolly, dahhhling. We loved the Outback Spirit stand with all the chutneys and jams and so on, spent far too much there too. The lemon pressed olive oil was a highlight. Absolutely delish and the old selling it just wouldn't shut up, he was lovely but I seriously don't care how many people buy cases of the stuff to give as Christmas gifts, I still only want ONE bottle. Thanks.

Onto the Fairfield Historic Boathouse, we're laughing we're giggling, we're having a wonderful time and we're at the Studley Park Boathouse. It's Melbourne, it's the Yarra river, why have 2 historic boathouses right next to each other with only 1 listed in the Melways? Hardly our fault! Sharing strawberry champagne, staying until the very last second knowing we are going to be late for dinner at Balsamic but having fun being irresponsible anyway, and I do love a hurry up call, makes me feel like my presence is required for the party to start.

Dinner sigh

A was right, they're the Centrelink Mums, but not in the way she means, they actually work there! It was all kids, ALL KIDS!!! The kids weren't even there! I'm not one to shy away from talking about my cherubs, I love them to pieces but sometimes I like to be out and about, so A and I went out for cigarettes and I flirted with some random men just for laughs and we ate and went home. Sad really. Meal was very average, company was ok, service was non existent and I felt ill.

Home to watch movies, A had more drinks than she admits to during the day and evening which I need to point out and next time we get up to mischief, we don't go out dinner with friends of mine that have kids. Plus I think we'll stay at her place so there is much less driving required.

The following day, we walked miles which when I was fitter, wasn't so far at all really. The cafe is one I've been to many times and I was horrified at how they have fallen down in food quality and service, then poor A went home. Sadly the weekend ended on a lowlight. Except for the fact the A was here and we did have a wonderful time laughing at all the things going wrong!

Let's do it again!! :-)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Indeed! Let's

In a couple of weeks.

After I've recovered from the move.

*sigh*

WitchOne said...

I love you! Let's do it when we're all moved and healthy. Sounds awesome!

You need a hand? I'd be sure to make time you know...