Thursday, August 20, 2009

For better or worse

What a week it's been. I cancelled the egg donation because the agreement was that she covers expenses incurred in the process and, well, she didn't. For the sake of $1,300 odd she threw away over 15k (by my estimate) and her last chance for a child. Did she honestly think that her breaking our agreement would ensure I still donated? What about our agreement for after she had a baby, would she have broken that one as easily? Why would I allow myself to be out of pocket and still give her my DNA? Seems ridiculous.

So, I went to Tassie anyway, I could after all and so flew down Saturday, shopped, got a massage, relaxed at the hotel, took myself out to dinner on my own, dressed as a 1920's flapper (read my book) and then took myself off to the partayyyyy. By 2 am I was in tears, I'd walked the length of Hobart in 6-8 inch stilettos and I was being falsely accused of having "stolen" a feather boa.

I had been up and going since 5am but still, Jesus H Christ.

2 hours sleep and flew home.

Found out that I lost my job over the egg donation saga and so now, I'm just trying to catch up on the housework.

Still think I need a beer Ramon? Or should I go for something stronger?

2 comments:

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Something stronger, I'd be tipping.

Cath said...

Skanky cow not appreciating your donation!!!! Egg donors are not easy to come by. Frankly I think you deserved a bit of knees up fun after that and fuck work. Hard liquor is the only solution I reckon.