Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Too many aprons

At least as far as Witchy is concerned, there is no such thing.

Witchy and I finally caught up for the first time in ages again on the weekend.

I brought her Tupperware, a lovely skirt of mine that she's had her eye on for ages and another apron. After purchasing the apron I thought it might be prudent - if a little late - to check with hubby (or however we refer to him in this blog, I forget) if another apron might be taking it too far. We both agreed that it might never be possible
.


After much gushing over said items (Witchy) and children (me - they're so cute and I can give them back whenever I want!) We then proceeded to Catch Up.

Love, life, the universe, everything. It never ceases to amazing me that it doesn't matter how long we've been apart, we get together again and it's like the conversation never stopped. It's marvellous. There are very few people in the world I am lucky enough to have that sort of relationship with and I am eternally thankful for every one of them.

Following on from my last post - with all the stressing and having way too much on my plate, on top of it all I went for a job interview yesterday. My housemate's workplace have a few $1,000 a week cash in hand positions going. From what my housemate told me the job could be performed quite easily on a part time basis - three days a week. So I thought I'd be able to keep my cushy job and this new one and pay off my rather extensive debts in a few short months. However at the interview the impression was definitely that it was a full time job on offer and that part time wasn't going to be on the table for quite a while, if ever. *sigh* That said, the job was going to be sales and not-exactly-cold-more-like-lukewarm-calling - something that is completely NOT up my alley. So I guess it's all's well that ends well. And I'll just have to pay my debts off slowly like all the other normal people.

So now I'm still trying to end ties with Tupperware and ENJO. But I also want a pantry full of Tupperware and a cleaning cupboard full of ENJO - so I need to do the 'staff discount' thing until I'm done... However being grossly in debt and all that means I can't just get it all at once. *sigh*

Speaking of grossly, I've put on weight. And I don't like it. So I'm doing something I've never ever done in my life before: I'm dieting. So far so rocky. I leapt off the bandwagon with avengence last night, however am back on today... This diet thingy is a four-day-wonder, which I mix things up every four days (excellent for those like myself who suffer from a short attention-span). And I cringe every time I read those words - anything that tells me I'll lose 5 kilos in 3 days* I know is bunk. But this time I just can't help myself. I've stopped exercising, I'm not eating as well as I'd like to be, so maybe, just maybe, if I kick-start myself into action, then I just might get into the swing of things and all of a sudden cruising at my ideal weight won't be difficult at all.

Here's hoping.

Does it ever all really work out anyway?

Can I be a more content person with less money, less to do and more time for myself?

Experiment Happiness**: beginning now. I bit late, but better late than never right?

Right?

* It actually says 2 kilos in 1 week, but still. I know that optimum weight loss is 1 kilo a week, I haven't completely lost it.***

** or Contentment - that'd be a good place to start...

*** Yet.

3 comments:

WitchOne said...

The apron is awesome and we do have an awesome friendship. I'm just hoping I can stick to the diet as well. See what we can do. Shall we post the link to it on here?

Natasha said...

I don't see why not :)

I hardly think the publication in question will hunt us down and sue us for promoting them...

JanetofNQ said...

When my excess weight becomes too much to bear (snicker), I turn to Lillie Ross and her vegetable soup diet for a single week. I generally drop three or four kilos and it is easy if you like soup. http://www.lillieross.com/soup23/
Bon appetit!